LaTex -- Convert to XML

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Wed Aug 20 20:35:30 EDT 2008

Anyone doing LaTex conversions? I need to get from LaTex to XML to InDesign.

The LaTex format is straight forward, and writing a parser for it can be
done. The job we have in mind will not necessary include all the complex
LaTex mark up for complex math. This is simple documentation.

But before I begin re-inventing the wheel I was wondering if anyone else
has any LaTex parsing libs already built.  I could repurpose them. The
existing tools produce XML that is too generic, or way over kill
requiring "Super Nerd" skills to install complex unix low level bash
scripts, as with most things, getting from A to G with Revolution,
\begin{quip}{is that the name of our code now? :-) ?} will probably
faster and simpler.