Mac icon specifications

Chris Sheffield cmsheffield at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 10:25:21 EDT 2008

Forgive me if this has been covered in the past, but I can't seem to
find any info about it.

We have a graphics artist in our company who is trying to create some
program icons, and for some reason the Mac icns file just isn't
working quite right. Revolution builds the standalone without errors,
but the icon does not appear on the app after being built. The icns
file is included in the bundle, and selecting it in the Finder does
show the image correctly. What would cause the icon from not showing
on the app bundle itself? Something in the way the icon was created,
or is it something in Revolution? We've not had trouble with icons in
the past. The artist is using a program called Axialis IconWorkshop to
create both Win and Mac icons.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris