error in revdb_connect with special chars in path

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Tue Aug 19 03:35:12 EDT 2008

Hello,

Win XP, Rev 2.9. I just detected that revdb_connect has problems with
special chars in the db path. When having a special sign - in my case german
umlaut - the revdb_connect fails. A path with standard chars works perfect.
I coded:

put revdb_connect("sqlite",gPfadDB & "lexikon.db",,,,) into gConID

where the path in gPfadDB has a german umlaut. I also tested the standalone
with the same effect. Is it really that I have to tell my customers they
can't use german chars in their installation path or is there any
workaround?

Thanks for any tipp

Tiemo