Verifying Numeric Input
rcozens at pon.net
Sun Aug 17 09:55:55 CDT 2008
Sorry: I deleted the messages from the original thread before I
realized I had something to say.
None of the solutions posted so far deal with the following issues:
* Thousand separators, if allowed
* Users whose number formats use "." as a thousands separator and "'"
as the decimal separator.
* Entry of multiple "."s in one number
* Negative numbers, if allowed. And if allowed, multiple "-"s or
* Currency symbol, if allowed; And if allowed, multiple or embedded
Rob Cozens CCW
Serendipity Software Company
"And I, which was two fooles, do so grow three;
Who are a little wise, the best fooles bee."
from "The Triple Foole" by John Donne (1572-1631)
More information about the use-livecode