protected file access by CGI script

Phil Davis revdev at pdslabs.net
Thu Aug 14 17:19:28 EDT 2008

How would one 'go to' a stack that lives in a .htpasswd protected directory?

On a web server, I have a CGI script that wants to use a stack that's in
a protected directory.

When I try the URL form of 'go' as follows, I get a result of 'no such
card':
   go inv stack url
"http://username:password@my.domain.com/lockedFolder/test1.rev"
   go inv stack url
"binfile://username:password@/home/username/my.domain.com/lockedFolder/test1.rev"
   go inv stack url
"binfile://home/username/my.domain.com/lockedFolder/test1.rev"

When I try going to it by filepath without user/pass as follows, I get hung:
   go inv stack "/home/username/my.domain.com/lockedFolder/test1.rev"

Any ideas how I can get it to work? I thought about altering the
.htaccess file but I'm not sure what to tell it to allow, nor if that
would do the job.

Thanks for all responses.
--
Phil Davis