"the effective visibility"

David Bovill david at openpartnership.net
Sat Aug 9 06:13:17 EDT 2008

On a similar note I wish there was a "visible rect" property. I have some
routines that try and work out what part of an object is visible, taking
into account margins, borders, and so forth so that scripts can position
them to line up with other objects. I've never got them to work perfectly,
which means my custom geometry handling scripts don't work as well as they
could.

I also have had problems with geometry for stacks / controls that are not
visible - I often want to reset the geometry while things are hidden then
show the result, but in the past have found that certain geometry functions
return empty when the object is nto visible? Anyone found this?