"the effective visibility"

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Sat Aug 9 05:44:40 EDT 2008

Bonjour Mark,

You are right :-)
But practically, it's not necessary to know the visible of a stack in
most cases.
In addition, a complete IsEffectiveVisible (I mean visible by the
user) function should take into account many other things:
Is the stack on-screen, is its window overlaid by another one;
The same for the control, etc.
;-)

Le 9 août 08 à 11:11, Mark Schonewille a écrit :

> Hi Eric,
>
> You don't take the visible of a stack into account ;-)
>
> --
>
> Economy-x-Talk
> Consultancy and Software Engineering
> http://economy-x-talk.com
> http://www.salery.biz
>
> Get your store on-line within minutes with Salery Web Store
> software. Download at http://www.salery.biz
>
> Op 9-aug-2008, om 10:14 heeft Eric Chatonet het volgende geschreven:
>
>> Bonjour Chipp,
>>
>> Le 8 août 08 à 22:49, Chipp Walters a écrit :
>>
>>> If anyone already has an "isEffectiveVisible" function, let me know.
>>
>> IsVisible returns any control effective visibility:
>>
>> function IsVisible pObj
>>   if not the visible of pObj then return false
>>   repeat until "Card" is word 1 of the long owner of pObj
>>     put the long owner of pObj into pObj
>>     if not the visible of pObj then return false
>>   end repeat
>>   return true
>> end IsVisible
>>
>> ObjOwners lists the owners of an object:
>>
> <snip>

Best regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet.