OT: copy protection / licensing for Mac?

Terry Judd tsj at unimelb.edu.au
Fri Aug 8 05:50:35 EDT 2008

I'm almost certain SecuROM is cross-platform. We delivered a couple of
educational products using it (the clients, for reasons that are beyond me,
insisted on encryption despite a relatively small market for the software).
It seems to be fairly expensive to setup but the unit price isn't too bad if
you're doing reasonable batch sizes.

>From memory there is a software tool that lets you do the encryption stuff
yourself on the Windows side of things but you have to send off your Mac
executable to get it 'fixed' by their guys. It must work with Rev apps
because we used it on a big medical imaging project I did a while back and I
haven't heard of any complaints from end users.

HTH,

Terry...