Are crash reports useful

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Wed Aug 6 15:57:51 EDT 2008

Dear Jacque,

I don't want to enter into a debate but...
These logs are encrypted:
If I trust Runrev as they trust me *, there is no need to encrypt
anything.
If it's encrypted (as said Mark S.), I'm right to ask me questions ;-)

In addition, I'll add that, AFAIK, only advanced users are able to
know where these logs are and send them to Runrev:
So why so much secret?

I let you report this thread to Mark W. ;-)

* I could have put anything I wanted in the Rev Search Engine,
including any url leading to any website.
Of course I never did it: Runrev trusted me and I trust them :-)

Le 6 août 08 à 20:48, J. Landman Gay a écrit :

> Eric Chatonet wrote:
>> Bonsoir Jacque,
>> All you say is relevant as usual :-)
>> But I would add (because I discussed some times ago with Mark
>> Waddingham) that these extended Win logs are not readable by us,
>> poor humans, but by Runrev only.
>> So, it's a bit frustrating to make the effort to send something
>> you absolutely don't understand.
>> Some header in clear would help... and not feel as we were guinea
>> pigs only ;-)
>> The result: a few crash reports are finally sent.
>
> True. But I think if that's what RR needs to diagnose the crash,
> then we need to send it. If we do not, Mark won't have the info he
> needs to work on the problem.
>
> --

Best regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet.