sqlite: text dump

David Bovill david at openpartnership.net
Wed Aug 6 11:04:05 EDT 2008

Is there a fast way to write out revs sqlite db to a text file. I need to
create a regularly versioned database - that is an index which relates to
the contents of data in a subversion repository. I'd rather not use binaries
as they would over time require too much storage. The idea would be to do a
quick text based dump of the database on each commit. Is this possible /
fast enough in revs sqlite?*

Context*
I'm finishing off a code database for RunRev and need to store indexes that
point to the controls that the handlers are in. The code is stored as text
files for each control, and the indexes need point to these and keep track
as the code is moved around during development - so the index / database
would differ for each revision (ie revision 678 would differ from from
revision 679 and so would the index / database).