engine crash on open stack

Larry Forsgren larry at rmg.net
Wed Aug 6 02:25:35 EDT 2008

Hi everybody!

I am returning to Revolution after some years of
inactivity and am currently testing the Enterprise
engine Build 610 Version 2.9.0 on Windows.

The application I am working on has progressed
well and I have a standalone which works fine
although needs some refinement.

Suddenly I cannot open the stack (one single
stack) in Revolution. The engine crashes and
closes immediately when I try to open the stack.
Possibly I have added something in a script that
causes this since I can open other stacks.
I did a reinstall of Revolution but the problem
persists.

Unfortunately I have no earlier version of the
stack to fall back on.

What do the people that are more experienced with
Revolution than I am, say?

Do I have to excavate the scripts from the
standalone and start over again?

Is this some known bug that others have
experienced as well?

I was really happy with the current Revolution
version until this happened. Now I have a stack
which seems to be broken although the engine can't
even report if it's broken or not. I believe the
stack cannot be opened in an external editor
without getting corrupt... Is there a way to
correct this problem?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Larry