Speeding up get URL

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Mon Aug 4 19:32:22 EDT 2008

Cable modem, yes.  CGI, I don't know a word of the language.

So even your hosting ISP can get involved?  Lordy,  I had no idea
there were so many pitfalls.  I can understand their issues however,
knowing how much spam I get from people who are probably using
similar searches for bad things.  It's disgusting to open your
mailbox and have hundreds of junk mail just to get to the few genuine
ones.  Opens up the whole issue, how do you allow someone who isn't
using it for a bad purpose versus someone who is.  Do you disallow
all?  Do you allow all?  Or do you find some way for folks to
register and "show" what they're doing with it?  So yes, I do see
their point and it is a valid one.  I don't mind registering with
Google or Yahoo if their API's do the thing.

It's a lot like the whole shareware issue.  Once upon a time you
could put it out there and hope for honest folks to throw you a bone.
The truth is that even honest folks don't give a thought to sharing
software with their friends and family, they don't even think about
it.  So you MUST build in some incentive if you want to get paid.
Whole studies have been done on this and in its weird way it's
similar.  The folks who would have paid anyway sometimes get offended
by whatever incentives are built in to ensure you get your bones.

By that token the folks using searches for "honest" purposes versus
those using them for spam and so forth... never considered the
possibility of being mistaken for a bad guy.

Good catch on the "delete from success list" by the way.  I missed
that, might not be a huge difference but when the list is very long
it could be.  Actually, if delete were not needed I could switch to
"repeat for each" which is always faster.

Every little speed up helps it along :-)

Shari

--
   Dogs and bears, sports and cars, and patriots t-shirts
   http://www.villagetshirts.com