REV Send Email via CGI and mail.php script on the fly?

jbv jbv.silences at club-internet.fr
Mon Aug 4 12:26:06 EDT 2008

John ,

> Can a rev cgi create a mail.php file, execute the php file by forwarding data to it, and then delete the file it created, all in one swoop?

the answer is "yes". You don't even need to create a file and then delete it...
I've been doing that for years : my Rev cgi script calls a php lib with all the
requested parameters... I'm using a php lib because I found one very useful
on some website and didn't want to bother writing my own...
And I'm using a Rev cgi script because, apart from sending emails, I have
numerous tasks to do that are easier to code in Rev than in php, but you can
make it simpler : just send a POST request from your stack to a simple php
script on your server...

Best,
JB