Who owns old icons?

Judy Perry katheryn.swynford at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 03:07:17 EDT 2008

Thanks, Richard, Kay & Mark (not in any particular order other than my
late-night, brain-addled one)!

I forget now what I was going to say... uhhhh.... Oh, yeah, the icons.
 Yeah, they're old, 1-bit, whatever...

But they're still WAYYY COOOL in some cases!

Newer ain't always better...  I can't tell you how many times I've
reached out for the beautiful simplicity of the stack icon, or the
speaker icon, the arrows... etc.

Sheer simplistic beauty.  I LOVED that screen with all of the
miniature graphics.  I still keep around an old OS9 egg-shaped
original iMac just for that purpose!  (well, okay, that and running
the FLYINGCOLORS kidpix-on-steroids app that's only OS9).

Apple didn't hire an artist who specialized in miniaturization for nothing!

24-bit new crap is still crap...

Judy