List of HyperCard Icons

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 1 11:53:21 EDT 2008

Lynn Fredricks wrote:

"Has anyone exported all the icons from HyperCard? I do indeed have it, but its thriving quite nicely on an old SE 30 and rather inaccessible. What I am looking for is hopefully an export of the icons into a format that's a bit more modern - jpg, png, etc."

and I have spent a long time guttering about with Resedit and Metacard under OS 9 to create a stack with all the HC icons in sequential contiguous order. So now have a very pretty stack with all the icons in the resource fork (that will be fun on Windows or Linux) and a series of 50 x 50 buttons sporting those icons.

So am slightly cheesed-off as cannot for the life of me work out how to export images of buttons from RR.

Obviously being stupid and missing something right in front of my nose.

Go on, I dare you, tell me how to do it . . .

Of course, if I wanted to be nasty I could point out to Lynn that things would probably be a lot quicker with a USB floppy drive and a batch converter such as Graphic Converter!

And while I'm here, does anyone know the legal status of HyperCard icons; or, put it another way, if I upload a RR/MC stack with them and/or jpg/png files will Steve Jobs smack my hand?

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson.

A Thorn in the flesh is better than a failed Systems Development Life Cycle.