PRINTING IN RUNREV 2.9

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Apr 28 01:47:24 EDT 2008

> I don't know if anyone knows whether it is possible to print and
> entire scrolling field in Revolution 2.9.

Yes, export it to a text file.  Then go out to shell and print it.  Use awk
and printf if you need to format it.  If on Linux, or presumably on OSX too,
you can just pipe the result of printf to a print driver.   It works, its
quick, its easy.

I have not been able to get revPrintField to work on Linux.  It does print,
but the resulting page setup does not affect the layout or size and the field
comes out truncated and with strange tab settings.

When I've tracked down if this is due to the page setup dialog or to
revPrintField, later this week, I'll file a bug report.

Awk is a complete antique, but it works.  If you need a reference on it, get
Sed and Awk from O'Reilly.  The Aho Kernigan Weinberger book is out of print
now..

Peter