is lock cursor of any use whatsoever?

Bill Marriott wjm at wjm.org
Thu Apr 24 07:04:38 EDT 2008

Richmond,

Now, have you any idea how to stop the handler
initiated by the mouseUp from exiting with the end
mouseUp ?
<<<

I'm confused. If you want the cursor to stay invisible when the handler
quits then you merely have to say,

on mouseUp
    set the cursor to none
    lock cursor
end mouseUp

And you can get rid of that distracting pointer. :)

If your goal is a handler that never exits then I imagine,

on mouseUp
    set the allowInterrupts to false
    repeat forever
    end repeat
end mouseUp

will work. Although I suppose it still doesn't satisfy "never" since a power
interruption, force quit, or restart will stop it, though certainly not
gracefully. Why would you not want handlers to exit?