User-Agent changing

Dave Cragg dave.cragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Wed Apr 23 18:35:31 EDT 2008

On 23 Apr 2008, at 06:25, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> Sarah Reichelt wrote:
>> I was working on communications with a RevOnRockets-based web server,
>> and I was checking the headers of the web request to see whether the
>> request was coming from a Revolution program, or a browser. I had
>> checked earlier and the headers included the line:
>> How can this be?
>
> Genetic memory.

Richard's right. :-)

libUrl sets the User-Agent header (unless you override it by setting
the httpHeaders yourself). It sets it to Revolution (+ platform) if
("rev" is in the short name of me). Otherwise it sets it to Metacard.
This is something to do with libUrl's history. (It should probably be
updated.)

The libUrl script is usually contained in a button named "revLibUrl"
in the revLibrary stack. I'm not sure what happens during debugging to
alter this behavior.

Cheers
Dave