RevBrowser, .swf animations, and pause

Mark Talluto userev at canelasoftware.com
Wed Apr 23 17:12:14 EDT 2008

On Apr 21, 2008, at 6:02 PM, Scott Rossi wrote:

> Recently, Mark Talluto wrote:
>
>> Anyone have any experience pausing .swf animations in Rev using
>> RevBrowswer?  I need to implement basic playback features like
>> scrubbing and pause/play that we take for granted with the QT player.
>> Any thoughts would be appreciated.
>
> I'm pretty sure you need to build these functions into your SWF -- the
> browser itself doesn't have any option to control SWF playback, AFAIK.

Thanks Scott.  I am going to attempt the java script solution and see
how that goes.  I am thinking of creating a webpage that will contain
the java script to intercept keyUps and then have it send the proper
flash commands to the flash player to control the video.  Not sure if
any of this is going to work.  Just doing some thinking out loud.

Mark Talluto
http://www.canelasoftware.com