is lock cursor of any use whatsoever?

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Wed Apr 23 12:54:47 EDT 2008

Hi

I am trying to draw shapes (in images, not graphics) without user
interaction. although it's slow I am able to draw what I want.
Unfortunately the cursor always flashes when I change the tool, which
Ido not want (no user interaction and such). lock cursor doesn't help
in any way.

I also tried to set the cursor to empty beforehand, and then made a
mousemove handler with just "unlock cursor" in it. because if there's
no tool, then there is no flashing. Unfortunately "click at x,y" does
evoke a mouseMove, so I can't even do that.

So assuming a script similar as below, is there any way for
prohibiting a cursor change? Is there any way to use choose and click
without constant cursor flickering? Or maybe there's another way to
draw (in my case mainly erase) wthin images at least somewhat quickly?

thanks
Bjoernke

Example code which flickers the cursor:

on mouseUp