lock screen question

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Tue Apr 22 15:50:03 EDT 2008

Tom,

Deleting an object that contains a running handler would cause an
error. Looking at your original example again, it is logical that your
screen unlocks:

on SomeHandler
lock screen
send "SomeOtherHandler pParam" to me in 5
end SomeHandler

You tell Rev to continue executing someHandler and run the
someOtherHandler handler 5 ticks later. As soon as someHandler has
finished, the screen will unlock.

Now, if you run this as

on SomeHandler
lock screen
send "SomeOtherHandler pParam" to me
end SomeHandler

the screen will stay locked while someOtherHandler finishes. If you
have another line

send "yetAnotherHandler" to me in x

in the someOtherHandler handler, that handler will finish, then
someHandler will finish, the screen will be unlocked, and eventually
yetAnotherHandler will run.

Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

http://economy-x-talk.com
http://www.salery.biz

A large collection of scripts for HyperCard, Revolution, SuperCard and
other programming languages can be found at http://runrev.info