This has to be easy! Tell a program not to open a file

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 21 19:25:24 EDT 2008

Hello, Trevor,

I tried following the steps on the web site, but I cannot find Text Mode,
only Version Info mode, so the Notepad steps are not useful.

I am using the demo mode of HeavenTools since I am attempting one test to
see if my client wants to continue.  This could be a demo limitation.

Solution for me appears to be:

Instead of editing the manifest,
Right click on the "1" icon,
choose Manifest Wizard,
leave both check boxes 'on' and click Next,
it warns me of two potential errors 'cntlCom.dll'
yet I continue with Next,
enter two text lines of description, Next
then choose 'require administrator', Next
and now I see the XML code identical to your sample file except for the
descriptive info added near the top.

I click Apply and my exe should work fine.

I will update this report after my client tries to install on Vista.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas