Getting things the wrong way round . . .

Petrides, M.D. Marian mpetrides at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 19 08:29:23 EDT 2008

Richmond wrote:

>> Now I don't know what motivated the other Beta
>> testers; however I am always suspicious at
>> protestations of disinterested service.

I need to second Sarah's statement:

 >>>My motivation for wanting Runtime to prosper is completely selfish.

Even though my use of Rev was in a prolonged hiatus between 2004 and
2007 (I had other things I needed to be working on), I gladly
continued to renew my license yearly. Why?  Because I wanted RunRev to
be around when I was finally ready to get back into creating
software.  And, I was rewarded by having a version 2.9 that is far
better than the 2.1.2 I had been using.  Worth every penny IMHO.

Face it, this is a community. Each of us who values it contributes
what he can afford to to that community, be it time, money, or simply
devoted evangelism--not because we HAVE to, but because we all want
the Rev community to prosper.

I'll step off my soapbox now....

Marian