2.9 Freeze on OSX

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at comcast.net
Wed Apr 16 14:13:36 EDT 2008

Well, in trying to track down this freeze I started to reinstall some
of my applications.

EyeTV seems to have no effect on RR Saving.
Flip4Mac WMV has no effect.

iKey brings back the Freeze.

iKey is a software and USB hardware  keyboard (iKeys) combination. I
use Revolution to use the iKeys keyboard to control my Robots and my
TV etc. I also use a plugin called irTrans and another software called
iRed which uses a device called iRTrans (infrared send and receiver).
This allows me to use Revolution to respond to keypresses on the the
iKeys and send IR commands via USB to the iRTrans device that then
sends the IR command to the Robot, TV, etc. I have loved having total
control over a Robot from a RR interface.

I further uninstalled each of these in turn and they all work by
themselves and won't cause RR to freeze, except one situation where
iKeys is set to open at startup in it's preferences window then RR
freezes. As far as I can tell the application iKey.app is the actual
start up file in the login items tab in Accounts in System
Preferences. If I delete this in Login Items but still use the same
application (but not at startup) then I have no Freeze.

The program iKeys works fine and RR saves just fine, it is only when
this item is in the Login Items that I am experiencing the Freeze. Yet
it seems that the login just launches the same exact program (reveal
in finder in the Login Items preferences pane points to the same app I
launch).

The iKeys app has software and an engine that also has a main menu bar
menu.
iRed has a plugin irTrans and a software iRed to edit and send the ir
commands.
Here is the info from iKeys:

iKey - Easy, Powerful Automation for Mac OS X

Programming by Philippe HUPÉ
Design by Philippe HUPÉ and Julian MILLER
Manual by Adam ENGST

iKey is guaranteed to serve and protect mankind. Mac users anyway!
Web Site:

http://www.scriptsoftware.com/ikey/

Tech Support Forum:

http://www.scriptsoftware.com/forum/