2.9 Freeze on OSX

Mark Talluto userev at canelasoftware.com
Wed Apr 16 13:37:12 EDT 2008

On Apr 16, 2008, at 5:42 AM, Thomas McGrath III wrote:

> Mark,
>
> While this problem still has no 'recipe', I have had the stack that
> was saving go corrupt so I not only have to save in alternate ways
> but also I have to do a compress file in the finder to ensure a
> recent backup. I also archive the stack and of course use Time
> Machine.
>
> What is the method for saving in GLX2? You see, I have just gone
> back to 2.8 instead of continuing to freeze my machine but would
> love to play with the new additions to drag and drop and of course
> the wonderful bug fixes in 2.9.
>
> Thanks
>
> Tom McGrath

Hi Tom,

Hans tells me that he will not allow himself to use the Rev IDE for
saving.  In other words, no command - S unless he has a script visible
in GLX2.  When GLX2 is open and a script is visible from the stack he
is working on, then the G scripts are in use.  For some reason, this
works quite well.

We have come to believe that the issue is with the saving dialog from
Rev.  The dialog is the last thing he sees.  I use save in my projects
all the time (in scripts) and have never had any issue.  Thus, I think
it is really the IDE that is causing all this grief.

Maybe Rev could just do a diff on the 2.8.1 and 2.9 saving routines
and see what has changed and get us back in shape.

Because of all of this, we are very paranoid when saving around here.
We both use Chronosync as our backup system.  It backs up our work
every 15 minutes to multiple locations.  Because one can develop in
Rev so quickly, 15 minutes could be a lot of work lost.

Mark Talluto
http://www.canelasoftware.com