mouseMove Bug

Peter Brigham pmbrig at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 12:53:37 EDT 2008

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 23:27:25 -0400, Gregory Lypny
<gregory.lypny at videotron.ca> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I put the handler below into a field to experiment with mouseMove and
> mouseLine.  Unfortunately, the handler continues to operate even when
> I select the Edit tool!
>
> 	Gregory

In the discussion of the use of messages on the IDE and at runtime,
no one commented on the actual content of this script. Two problems
that will prevent it from working as you want:

> on mouseMove
>    if the mouseChunk is not empty
>    then
>      put the value of the mouseLine
>      set the backgroundColor of the line 1 to totalLines of me to
> empty

   -- there's an extra "the" -- should be "of line 1 to..." not "of
the line 1 to..."
   -- and "totalLines of me" won't work unless you have previously
   -- put "the number of lines of me" into the variable totalLines
   -- probably what you want is "line 1 to -1 of me"

>      set the backgroundColor of the mouseLine to "yellow"
>      set the loc of button "Option Menu" to the mouseLoc
>    end if
> end mouseMove

Peter M. Brigham
pmbrig at gmail.com