2.9 Freeze on OSX

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at comcast.net
Wed Apr 16 11:17:53 EDT 2008

Jim,

Thanks for the advice and of course what appears to be a simple thing
turns out to be a major complication for me.

I created the account then had to reenter serial numbers in RR that
would not accept them. Finally, entering old ones and getting a new
error then reentering new ones got RR to accept them. This required
logging out each time. So I turned on user switching. So much for a
clean account now.

Logout
Copy serial numbers
Logout
Paste/ not work
Logout
recopy
logout
login
repaste
logout
login
find old serial nums
logout
login
etc.
Set User Switching
Switching users another few times and then:
Then need to copy RR project to shared folder.
Switch
Then need to copy resources to shared folder.
Switch
Not enough resources (song files etc.)
Switch
Since the stack works with songs, launch itunes, no songs,
Switch
copy songs to shared folder
Switch
Now library is working and iTunes is working and RR is working

Error on trying to save:

"Can't save stack libITS due to an error:
can't open stack backup file
Check the file path, and make sure you
have sufficient permissions."

I am not even using GLX2 in RR in this new user account, which is what
normally is set to back up my stacks. So I look for an RR backup
setting and find none. What is causing this backup file to happen and
what path is it referring to? If I can find that maybe I can deal with
the Permissions.

A bit frustrated and feeling lost again....

Tom McGrath