Beta testers who get nothing . . .

-= JB =- sundown at pacifier.com
Wed Apr 16 07:41:13 EDT 2008

Here is a message that was posted concerning the release of 2.9 being
free:

	Subject: 	Re: concerning 2.9 as "free"
	From: 	  wjm at wjm.org
	Date: 	February 25, 2008 10:19:39 AM PST

Heather has posted this information in the forums. I'll do the same
here:

You get Rev 2.9 for free if:
     - You had an active update pack/license on 1 February 2006
     - You purchased any version of Revolution 2.7.x
     - You bought a RevSelect Holiday bundle
     - You have an active license pack valid on the date of 2.9's
release

The free updates do not affect any other aspect of licensing. Your
license
is not extended another three months or year, for example. You are just
getting the new version.

Example 1:

Bill has a Studio 2.6.1 license that expired Feb 5, 2006. He has not
purchased any new versions since then. He gets Rev 2.9 for free, but
otherwise his license is still "inactive." He'll have to renew the
license
for any future versions.

Example 2:

Charles bought Revolution 2.7.3 and 2.8.1 and the RevSelect Holiday
Bundle.
His license is current through December 2008. He'll receive Rev 2.9
as part
of his update pack license, as well as any versions released the rest of
this year.

We have not announced what versions will follow 2.9, but you're
correct that
if you don't have an update pack, these will not be free upgrades. (A
good
reason to get your licks in on the final beta.)

Bill