Lock moves

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Apr 12 22:51:20 EDT 2008

Ken Ray wrote:

> On 4/12/08 3:16 PM, "J. Landman Gay" <jacque at hyperactivesw.com> wrote:
>
>> Is it just me, or is lock moves/unlock moves broken?
>>
>> lock moves
>> move btn 1 to the loc of this cd in 2 seconds
>> move fld 1 to the loc of this cd in 2 seconds
>> unlock moves
>>
>> Nothing happens for 2 seconds, then both appear instantly in the new
>> positions.
>
> You need to add the "without waiting" phrase to the end of both of the move
> commands - I tripped up on this a little while ago as well, but this is the
> solution.

More about lock moves. I had tried "without waiting" before writing to
the list and it didn't work. After Ken replied, I tried it again and it
did work -- but when I re-tested, it was coincidentally in the MetaCard IDE.

When I try it in Rev, it still does not work, regardless of "without
waiting" and even if I suspend the IDE. Something in the Rev environment
is preventing it from functioning. In MC, it's okay, provided "without
waiting" is added to the params.

More fodder for the QCC...

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com