'answer (there is a file it)' returns false after selecting a file

Mark E. Powell runrev at aboutmyfiles.com
Sat Apr 12 14:35:01 EDT 2008

Hi Mark S.:

Also just discovered that I cannot even *address* the file with shortFilePath.

answer file "prompt"
answer the shortFilePath of it

returns empty if the file name has those high ASCII characters like the Czech soft R and the Polish bar L.

This is stopping me in my tracks and will probably have to hire someone to write this in another language.  Certainly, someone must have encountered this problem with non-Roman file systems?  Is Rev really so English-centric?

Mark P.