Feature Request Posted

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 12 06:19:53 EDT 2008

Jan Schenkel wrote:

"I would be happy if we could just specify the icons
and patterns via the name of the image, rather than
the ID"

This would be a tremendous advantage:

recently I authored about 6 content delivery programs
for my language school; using buttons that held
screenshots of buttons on my Mac to guarantee font
consistency on the Ubuntu boxes and another Macintosh
in my school. Every time I copy-pasted the images that
served as button icons across stacks their IDs
changed, so buttons had to have their icon references
changed; what a bother!

On one stack I have 1 button that can 'call' any one
of 80 button icons from a RANDOM function; this got
horribly messy when I decided to clone those images in
another stack!

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson

A Thorn in the flesh is better than a failed Systems Development Life Cycle.