SQLite database file from third-party sources?

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Apr 11 16:30:39 EDT 2008

Yes, I made an sqlite database using both sqlitebrowser and also the firefox
plugin sqlite manager.  Both were super easy, but the firefox plug in is a
lot faster, it did 15k records in a flash, whereas squlite browser choked.  I
imported a tab delimited file to sqlite.  Saved it.  Then I connected to it.
This was from one of the 2.9 linux betas.  Connection seemed OK.  I didn't
try queries or adds, just wanted to verify connection.  The db had never been
touched by Rev until the connection was set up.

This is Debian Lenny, pretty much up to date.

Around the same time there was a correspondence about how tab delimited files
and custom properties or arrays were as good or better, and I thought OK they
are going to be a lot faster and easier to write.  So didn't pursue it
further.

Did you have trouble with queries after it reported the connection was made?
Or could you not get it to make the connection?

Peter