good Rev demos

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Thu Apr 10 14:20:14 EDT 2008

> You may have scanned over my message too quickly, and missed
> this part:
>
> "if you're tempted you may as well go for it with this
> particular deal."

= if you have already evaluated it. Most have never looked at Revolution.
Your post did not encourage that, but the opposite that there's no reason to
hurry to make that evaluation. "Mature" tech tribes are quick to turn away
from solutions they do not know, and any negative is interpreted as reason
enough not to evaluate.

> There's a fine balance to achieve when promoting one product
> on a competing product's email list. It can't all be glowing
> praise (unless it's a completely flawless product), because
> people won't take you seriously. If you try to be honest
> about good and bad points, hopefully they will believe the
> good points.

Right, but that wasn't the message either. I wouldn't slam Director for not
being Rev - Director has its good points and there's no reason to wholesale
drop Director for another product. Asking someone to drop their much loved
products and rewrite them, and drop their long time IDE is like asking a
happily married man to drop kick his kid and wife out of his house.

Rev provides a different set of capabilities that adds to the toolbox of the
the purchaser - that may be a much better fit for new projects than
Director.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President