good Rev demos

Colin Holgate coiin at rcn.com
Thu Apr 10 09:43:57 EDT 2008

On Apr 10, 2008, at 9:21 AM, Mark Schonewille wrote:

> They want to make on-line games and while that's about the only
> thing Flash is capable of,

That's a good example of why I'm doing the presentation that I'm
doing. A lot of people believe in their own tool a lot and don't spend
any time finding out the abilities of other tools. Many people believe
that HyperCard and Revolution are only good for making address book
stacks. Director is only any use for making slide shows, Flash can
only do online games.

There is an overlap between the Flash crowd and the Rev crowd, and
that's with standalone applications. The Flash crowd can make
applications that are delivered via AIR, or Internet applications
using Flex. Those are the kinds of things that Rev can also do, and
most likely in a faster, more cross platform friendly way. If I can
show example like that, the people using Flex may well reluctantly be
impressed!