how to work with binary data inside a Rev cgi script ?

jbv jbv.silences at club-internet.fr
Tue Apr 8 03:57:02 EDT 2008

Mark,

well, it can mean a lot of things... Presently, as I'm building pdf code
with data from various sources, basically I need to merge binary with
ascii data, and then make decisions according to the content of those
various data (after merging).
As long as I simply replace a keyword in the ascii data with a portion
of binary data, the binary data remains untouched... But if I need to
process the binary data before merging it (like removing some lines
or changing a single char in it) then it gets corrupted...
As said in my previous post, I bypassed the problem by making all
necessary processing in php, but that's a bit frustrating...