Frame Animation Method (repeat of subjectless message)

Mark Greenberg markgreenberg at cox.net
Sun Apr 6 12:03:45 EDT 2008

Oops!  Sorry for the previous message without a subject.  Below is a
repeat.

My students are animating three characters on a card by hiding and
showing .png images against a background.  Each character has a dozen
moves or so, and each move has between 5 and ten frames.  Each figure
is approximately 400 x 600 pixels in size.  My question is which
would be faster, having the frames be separate image objects and
using hide/show; or having just three image objects that draw their
contents from images on another card with a repeat loop and something
like...

Put image "p1punch" & frameNo of Card 2 into image "Player1Main"?

Speed is important because we are starting to reach the limit of the
computers' ability to display the images.

	Thanks in advance,

		Mark Greenberg