New Classic Standalone with 2.9.0

Joe Lewis Wilkins pepetoo at cox.net
Sat Apr 5 00:49:43 EDT 2008

Well, if anyone else has been able to make a Classic standalone,
either from a new Rev Stack or from a HC stack that has been opened as
a Rev Stack, I'd sure like to hear about it. On my Mac Pro Running
Leopard and G4 running OS 9.2.2 I have not been able to achieve it. On
my last efforts, the unzipped files did not even show an application
Icon, though I did have the APPL and ???? file types set. The
Universal Binary versions worked fine on the Mac Pro and showed the
appropriate icons. Prior to zipping the two apps I tried, when double
clicking them, they were recognized as Classic apps. I suppose the
problem has to be in the transfer, but I've had no problems with other
application and document transfers made in this same way. A little
discouraging.

Joe Wilkins