New Classic Standalone with 2.9.0

Bill Marriott wjm at wjm.org
Fri Apr 4 05:54:43 EDT 2008

Hi Joe,

> I just compiled a Classic Standalone using 2.9.0 with my very small HC
> stack (56k) that suddenly grew to 2.2 MB, and when transferred to a  Mac
> G4 running 9.2.2, it produces an error dialog that says it cannot  be
> opened due to a type -199 error.

The file size increase is of course due to the inclusion of resources
necessary to create a standalone app.

The -199 error... if memory serves right, negative numbers are disk errors.
How did you transfer the file to Classic? Perhaps the resource fork didn't
make it through properly.

I was able to create a Classic standalone on my Intel MacBook and copied it
to an old iMac over the network... worked fine.

- Bill