New Site, Revolution 2.9 launched

Bill Marriott wjm at wjm.org
Thu Apr 3 16:59:34 EDT 2008

Hi everyone,

I'm sure a lot of you have noticed that the runrev.com web site looks a bit
different in the last couple of hours.

We've launched a new look and feel, based on a content management system and
storefront that we've written in-house that incorporates a variety of
technologies, including Revolution.

There are still some glitches associated with the switchover from our
staging server. And some content issues we'll be addressing quickly over the
next few days and weeks. But overall, we think the new site -- even in its
current, work-in-progress state -- is a much better experience for visitors
than the old one.

In other news, Revolution 2.9 is live. We'll be sending out notification
letters tomorrow morning. Enterprise users with active licenses can use
"check for updates" to obtain the new version. Studio users with active
licenses can download the appropriate version by going to the site and
choosing Downloads > All Downloads.

Most of the marketing materials about the new version are live on the
site... We know there are some issues with images and whatnot, those will be
cleaned up in short order.

I'll also be sending out an update to registered beta testers with a roundup
of the Open Beta and other news.

Thanks for everyone's participation....

- Bill Marriott
  Director of Marketing