Reversing a list

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Apr 3 01:14:00 EDT 2008

Sarah Reichelt wrote:
> OK people, what's the fastest way to reverse the order of lines in a
> list. I have a list of images gathered together by filtering matching
> files from a set of folders. Now I want to be able to reverse the
> order, but their file names are varied and so I have no obvious way to
> sort them.
>
> I realise I could just use a repeat for each loop and put each one
> before a new list variable, but that seems rather clumsy, and using
> "before" slows down when I have thousands of records.
>
> I'm hoping that Jacque will chime in with one of her custom sort ideas
> that I never can think of, but anyone is welcome to come up with some
> elegant solution.

Does this work:

local tCount

on mouseUp
   put fld 1 into tData
   put the number of lines in tData into tCount
   sort lines of tData by mySort(each)
   put tData into fld "results"
end mouseUp

function mySort
    subtract 1 from tCount
    return tCount
end mySort

Funny you should mention this, because just today I was working on a
handler for this same concept for RevLive.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com