[ANN] GLX Application Framework

Josh Mellicker josh at dvcreators.net
Tue Apr 1 15:42:56 EDT 2008

Wow.

The framework is awesome!

On Mar 31, 2008, at 10:28 AM, Trevor DeVore wrote:

> On Mar 31, 2008, at 1:11 PM, Eric Chatonet wrote:
>>
>> And enough for thinking you could charge for this :-)
>
> I thought about that but decided against it in the end. There is
> definitely a commitment that comes with charging customers for a
> product that I don't think I can make right now. I really feel Rev
> needs a framework like this available publicly so I decided to
> release it anyway and hope that others will contribute however they
> can to help move it forward.

One model that has been very successful for some Open Source
developers is providing the software for free, but charging premium
hourly prices for support, configuration, consulting, etc.

I'm pretty sure, in numerous cases, this has resulted in far more
revenue than charging for the software, and this is a trend that I
believe will increase in the future.