Do stacks have controllable levels?

Scott Morrow scott at elementarysoftware.com
Thu Sep 27 01:29:25 EDT 2007

Paul,
  It isn't exactly the look you are describing but what about using
the revChangeWindowSize command (with slide) in order to simulate
closing and reopening "Panel x"   Panel x could consist of  multiple
groups that could be hidden and shown as needed.  The main window
could expand or shrink in order to expose or hide the "Panelx" group(s)

Also, though not cross platform,
     drawer stack "Panelx" at right in stack "LargeWindow"
should work

-Scott Morrow

Elementary Software
(Now with 20% less chalk dust !)