Proportional Scaling of non-EPS images in RR ?

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 18 12:51:03 EDT 2007

If I import a JPG, PNG, GIF or other image into a
stack and it is larger than the card there seems to be
no way that I can shrink it to fit as the SCALE
command does with EPS or QT imports:

for instance:

set the scale of img "RUBBISH.jpg" to 2

does nothing

Now, it is possible to scale non EPS images, but it
means mucking around mathematically:

if the width of img "RUBBISH.jpg">400 then
put the height of img "RUBBISH.jpg" into HITE
put the width of img "RUBBISH.jpg" into WIDF
put (WIDF/400) into FAKTOR
set the width of img "RUBBISH.jpg" to 400
set the height of img "RUBBISH.jpg" to (HITE/FAKTOR)
end if

of course, if the height of img "RUBBISH.jpg" is still
outwith the boundaries of your stack you have to "do
it all over again".

What would be jolly nice (!) would be something that
would allow one to determine the "shrinkage factor"
required, and shrink the image.

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson

A Thorn in the flesh is better than a failed Systems Development Life Cycle.