Revolution character sets showing up differently between Mac and Windows

rgould8 at aol.com rgould8 at aol.com
Sat Sep 15 23:23:15 EDT 2007

I've got an application that pulls in data from a database, some data which contains foreign characters (French/German characters (a's o's with dots above them, etc).

On Windows XP, the data shows up perfectly.

On Mac OS X, many of the foreign characters are rendering completely wrong within the Revolution text field.

I've tried searching the docs for UTF8 and double-byte characters and anything else I can think of.? Is there something special I need to do in Mac OS X itself to fix this problem, or is there a Revolution call/setting I should be using?