Escaping from Repeat loops

Derek Bump list at dreamscapesoftware.com
Thu Sep 13 14:15:32 EDT 2007

Jim Ault wrote:
> Why not add a little debug step and see if the value changes?
> and if so, to what.. could be the test is flawed.
> This should work since globals are owned by Rev, not the handler.

I tried it, and while the value of the global changes while the button
is executing, the value in the main handler does not.

I did find a solution though.  Instead of putting the boolean in a
variable, I placed it within a field on the current card.  Works like a
charm...

   if cd fld "doCancel" = "true" then
      exit to top
   end if

I'll probably try a customProperty next, and if that works, I'll stick
to that as I prefer not to have random objects on a card.

Thanks for the help!

Derek Bump
Dreamscape Software
http://www.dreamscapesoftware.com