Mnemonics in Windows

Ron rbarber6 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 01:45:47 EDT 2007

Hi,

I've tried what I know to do and have failed so perhaps someone can
help.

Is there a way to add mnemonics to unicode (e.g. Japanese) Windows
menuitems? European encoded text still has the lower ascii chars to
call out but Japanese etc. does not.

I suppose I could catch the control key from the mainstack and direct
it toward the appropriate menuitem but how to indicate the
accelerators to the user? include the accelerator in the name of the
menu?! ugh.  The real question however is whether there is a way to
do this within windows.

thank you very much,
Ron