RealBasic pulls MySQL support

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Wed Sep 12 15:24:39 EDT 2007

 > I do realize you have a conflict of interest here in the
> desire to promote Valentina, but dare I say that I see a
> marketing opportunity for runrev, since we support MySQL
> innately without the need for GPL-licensed external drivers?
> And thus have a chance to win over some of the alienated RB
> developers...
>
> ...I didn't post the news item to gloat, but in the hopes
> that someone would take the baton and run with it...

It's a double opportunity Mark. If you are locked into MySQL, then writing a
front end in Rev is the only real alternative if you want to deploy on the
exact same operating systems as REALbasic supports.

On the other hand, I don't think MySQL is entirely blameless here. Clearly,
they arent being good dance partners with REAL. Cooperation between the
makers of the IDE and the makers of the database back end is a win for
everyone.

Cant we have one hand ringing, evil laughing gloat out of you anyway Mark?
:-)

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President