strange nested groups behaviour

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Tue Sep 11 17:49:12 EDT 2007

> On mouseUp
>   local tObj
>   local tQuotedObj
>
>   put the short name of button 1 into tObj
>   put quote & tObj & quote into tQuotedObj
>   do "put the" && tObj
>   --do "put the" && tQuotedObj
> End mouseUp

So if I fix your code to work (as above), and use a button with the
short name set to an existing property, it'll output the property.
However, that is completely expected, as using a string that results in
a property will give you the property.

Coincidentally, using the above script with a button that is not a
property, will just give you an error. So your code is only useful if
the button is expected to be named as a property to begin with, and
your code would be faulty if that is not the sole purpose of it.

The commented line 'do "put the" && quote & "existingProperty" & quote'
  should in my opinion result in an error, but puts the actual text
entered. However, RunRev will argue that this is a design decision, not
a bug (At least i'd guess they would).

To verify, enter 'put the "something"' into the message box (no single
quotes).

Bjoernke

--

official ChatRev page: