Window Sizes on Different Macs

Josh Mellicker josh at dvcreators.net
Mon Sep 10 18:57:40 EDT 2007

When designing for different size screens, also remember to take the
OS X Dock into account- you don't know:

  - how big your user has their Dock
  - whether they have "auto-hide" on
  - whether it is Bottom (most common), Left or Right

My solution is to get the screenRect on startup, and

case it's too small
alert the user and quit

case it's 1024 X 768
set decorations to none and try to fit the stack as big as possible

case it's bigger
run normally (I design for 1024 X 768 minimum)