Titlebar-less application question

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Sep 10 18:36:44 EDT 2007

mfstuart wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've created an application with no title bar, for WINXP (using Rev 2.8.1).
> I've added a handler for the user to drag the window/stack around - no
> problem. (thanx to this forum)
>
> Q1.
> But when I use the Alt-Tab to switch application, I do not see the
> application in the dialog of open applications. Anyone know what to do to
> get the application to appear in the list of open applications?
> Also, I don't see the application on the task bar.

One workaround for this is to create a normal, toplevel window with the
name of your app and make it the mainstack. Make your current stack a
substack of this one. Put a script into the mainstack that goes to your
current stack on every event that matters: openstack, resume,
resumestack, etc. Place the mainstack somewhere offscreen.

When your standalone opens, the mainstack with the correct name will be
displayed in all the usual Windows places. But as soon as it opens, it
will go to the substack, which is the one you want to display. The same
will happen if you click the name in the taskbar; your mainstack will
briefly come to the front (but offscreen) and as soon as it resumes, it
will bring your substack to the front.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com